Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: A Wild Light



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My choice for the week:



A Wild Light (Hunter Kiss #3)

In the past week, I have read both of the first two books in the Hunter Kiss series by Marjorie Liu. I've had both since they released, but only just got around to actually reading them, which is both good and bad. It's good because now I don't have as long to wait for the third book, but bad because I missed so many opportunities to recommend the series to people. (Of course, when I worked in a bookstore, I recommended them just on my previous experience with Miss Liu. I could have done a better job of it had I actually read the books.)

What can I say about this series? For starters, it's incredible. The books are dark, but not quite horror, and full of luscious prose. Urban fantasy at its finest.

About the book (from Marjorie Liu's website):
For too long Maxine Kiss has felt an inexplicable darkness inside her-a force she channels into hunting the demons bent on destroying the human race. But when she finds herself covered in blood and crouched beside her grandfather's dead body with no memory of what happened, Maxine begins to fear that the darkness has finally consumed her.


Release date: July 27, 2010 (More than a month away! Ack!)

Other titles in the series: The Iron Hunt (book 1) and Darkness Calls (book 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment